Application Close Date: Sunday, July 28, 2019
Full/Part Time: Full Time
- Anticipated Project Start Date: Monday, August 19, 2019
- Anticipated Project End Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020
WHO TO CONTACT
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
Our Client is looking for a resource to provide professional business analysis services to support the Mainframe Modernization project and other technology and business initiatives as needed. The goals of this effort are to convert 28 applications that support the School Finance division in distributing funding to schools and districts. The conversion is being performed by a vendor, and this position is for the validation of the conversion and capabilities of the new systems.
All work expected to be on-site.
MODE OF INTERVIEW
Interviews will be conducted in-person, on-site in Roseville, MN 55113
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process models, independent business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Identify business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Participate in requirements prioritization and facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Analyze and document business requirements and required data to deliver work products throughout the project life cycle.
- Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers.
- Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Coordinate business testing teams and User Acceptance testing, including assisting testers in defect reporting, testing practices, writing test scenarios and how to analyze results.
- Coordinate testing efforts including but not limited to conversion validation, integration, functional, non-functional, user acceptance testing and other testing efforts.
- Work with the project manager in managing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and ensuring it reflects the project’s scope.
- Enter, update, maintain, and report progress related to individual work items entered into the JIRA and YouTrack work management systems.
- Facilitate the delivery and testing teams to ensure roadblocks are raised and addressed, progress is reported daily, and the team works collaboratively in delivering business value.
- Assist in project management when the project manager is not onsite or unavailable.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a Business Analyst role analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for process redesign projects
- Three (3) years’ experience in an IT Business Analyst role analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for IT projects
- Two (2) engagements lasting more than 12 months in a Business Analyst role
- Two (2) engagements with testing experience; and
- Two (2) years’ experience in project management activities either as the assigned project manager or assisting a lead project manager with project organization and task identification
- Experience with data conversion validation and analysis
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in problem definition, information gathering and research, alternatives analysis, applying creative solutions to unique and/or immediate problems, and appropriate resolution implementation.
- Ability to communicate clearly, present complex information to users in a comprehensive style, and translate technical and system information for non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to collaborate, work effectively as part of a team and establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of business customers and technology staff.
- Experience performing, and advanced knowledge of, Quality Assurance and Project Management activities.
- Lead BA experience
- Financial transaction and workflow experience
Straightforward, LLC | Technology Designers | Minneapolis, MN | straightforwardfirm.com | 612-460-1752